Thursday, October 21, 2010

The First Response!

Although I have no followers, I received my first suggestion! It's a good one too! And yes, I did post my blog on Dan Bergstein's Facebook. If you don't know who he is you should look it up. 

Hey Emily,

I saw your post on Dan Bergstein's about your blog, and I was wondering what exactly you're doing? I checked it out, but it still wasn't clear to me; I'm assuming that you're asking people to talk about their college? <--Yes, I am!

Anyway, based on your description of yourself on your blog, I really encourage you to look up Oberlin College at oberlin.edu. It is an excellent and small liberal arts school and tends to have a lot of quirky, hipster, and hippie-ish students. You mentioned that you play the cello. If you're a serious musician, Oberlin has an excellent, somewhat famous music conservatory. If you apply to Oberlin, you can apply to be a music student at the Conservatory, or just a student at the College. Both are great options. If you want, you can apply for a double degree at the Conservatory and the College- you earn your degree over five years, instead of four.


Wow. People are so helpful. And it gets better after my reply. Read.



Well, if you're getting a degree from both the College and the Conservatory, you get a degree over five years; if you're in just one school, then it's the typical four. And of course you can post this on your blog.

If Oberlin interests you, I think you should also look into schools like Vassar, Middlebury, Grinnell, Kenyon, and other small liberal arts schools. Good luck with your college search! Starting now is a REALLY good idea.

PS: Another fun fact: Oberlin students play Quidditch.



QUIDDITCH!!!!! I love Harry Potter. Awesome. Thanks, Erica!

No comments:

Post a Comment